Everybody can #lose #weight. Everybody, so also you. The only reason you have gained weight over the years is because you have eaten more than your body needs to perform your daily routines. Provided that you are a healthy person of course. Weight gain can also be caused by certain illnesses or medication, but if you are a healthy person, you do not have to be overweight. The challenge is actually not so much losing the weight but keeping it off. To do that you will need to change your lifestyle. Because if you don’t and you go back to your old routines after you have lost the weight, you will re-gain all the weight you have lost and often you will even gain more.
What do you need to change?
You will need to change some of the habits that made you gain the weight. A few things you should be aware of or do:
1. If you eat fast food multiple times per week you are setting yourself up for weight gain. Cut the hamburgers and the fries. If you cannot do without, just do it once a week and leave out the cheese and never take a double portion.
2. When at a restaurant, do not order appetizers and desserts. Have a salad. Nowadays, many restaurants have really good meal salads that are healthy and will fill you up.
3. If you are a soda drinker, be aware that sodas contain an awful lot of sugar and contribute a lot to weight gain. You will have to find healthy alternatives. And read the labels on the bottles because many ‘healthy’ fruit juices contain enormous amounts of sugar.
4. Avoid sugary food as much as possible. All our food contains additional sugar nowadays. Even our milk is sweetened with sugar. Whole milk; 12 gram sugar per serving! Read labels to determine what is in the package you are buying. Not only look at the fats in food but also at the sugars!
5. All processed food contains additives to make you eat more. That is the goal of the producers of these foods, so they add flavor, sweetener, color, sugar, salt and other ingredients to get you hooked. Change to pure foods like fresh fish, meats, eggs, and vegetables.
If you change some of your bad eating habits, you will find that you are feeling better and getting healthier. You will avoid high cholesterol, you will have less chance to develop diabetes, and you might see lower blood pressure. Diets can support your weight loss, but if you do not change your lifestyle, you will gain back the weight you have lost. And do not think that if you do this for a week you are good to go; you will have to change forever.
Sports and Fitness
You do not need to go to the gym to lose weight. What you need to do to lose weight is control your food intake. Consuming less food and eating healthier will make you lose weight. The calories you lose from exercise are limited. Doing sports and going to the gym are good for you but will not cause you to really lose weight.
To support weight loss, you should replace some meals with meal replacement shakes, soups or desserts from Cambridge Diet. Have them for breakfast and/or for lunch and you are on your way to a healthy lifestyle. Do not procrastinate and make an appointment with our weight loss coach.